7 Scary Stories for a Homophobic Halloween
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 25 2013 2:30 PM ET
Right-Wing Pastor: Cookies Can Create Lesbians
When you buy those Thin Mints or Tagalongs, watch out. What you didn't realize is you've unwittingly bought “food offered to idols,” says a right-wing minister who thinks Christians should boycott Girl Scout Cookies, saying the organization supports lesbianism (and abortion rights and contraception, along with teaching women to be independent, which is not “godly womanhood”). To be clear, Kevin Swanson on his Generations Radio program never implied buying the cookies would turn you into a lesbian, just other people. “I don’t want to support lesbianism, I don’t want to support Planned Parenthood and I don’t want to support abortion, and if that be the case I’m not buying Girl Scout cookies.”
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 6 Bad Behaviors for HIV-Positive People