Michele Bachmann Is Back With One of Her Most Homophobic Comments Ever
BY Lucas Grindley
July 25 2014 12:50 PM ET
Michele Bachmann said this week "there’s a chance" she will run for president again in 2016. Then the Minnesota congresswoman followed that up on Wednesday with an astounding reminder of what makes her one of the most antigay Republicans in office.
Bachmann was asked about LGBT people during an appearance on conservative radio show Faith & Liberty and unloaded one of her most homophobic comments ever. She predicted a coming "effort for multiple in marriage, not just two, but multiple in marriage, I think they want to legalize that."
Then she said LGBT people want to legalize child molestation.
"I think also they want to abolish age of consent laws, which means we will do away with statutory rape laws so that adults would be able to freely prey on little children sexually," she said. "That’s the deviance that we’re seeing embraced in our culture today."
The audio was captured by Right Wing Watch, which has more clips from the interview, in which she says what LGBT people really want is "government coerced speech and behavior."
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- EXCLUSIVE: Bette Midler Covers TLC's 'Waterfalls'
- 7 Absurd Legal 'Arguments' Against Marriage Equality From a Straight Couple in Kansas
- QUIZ: Are You Afraid of Gay PDA?
- WATCH: Young and Gay in Belgrade Focuses on LGBT Serbian Bravery Amid Bigotry
- Op-ed: How Transparent Tried and Failed to Represent Trans Men