Obama's Twitter Followers in Minn. Most Interested in Gay Rights
BY Trudy Ring
November 02 2012 8:20 PM ET
In Minnesota, where voters will decide Tuesday whether to write a ban on same-sex marriage into the state constitution, gay rights is the topic that gets the most reaction from President Obama’s Twitter followers.
An analysis found that to be the topic that most engaged 25% of Obama’s followers in the state, the highest percentage for any subject, the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports. Energy and environment ranked second.
Gay rights ranked second in neighboring Wisconsin, behind retirement. LGBT issues may have such a high profile in that state because it could be the first one to elect an openly gay U.S. senator, Tammy Baldwin.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Father of Teen Facing Felony for Lesbian Relationship Says She's Been Targeted Before
- French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame
- PHOTOS: New Yorkers Combat Violence With Protest
- Op-ed: Religion Shouldn't Be an Excuse for Discrimination
- LGBT-Inclusive Immigration Reform Good as Dead, Say Advocates
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Mental Wellness Psychiatrists' Group Names First Out Gay Leader 2 hours 29 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment Which Gay Celeb Has a Wizard of Oz Aquarium? 2 hours 33 min ago
- Women WATCH: Kathy Griffin Calls for Suze Orman for President! May 21 2013 8:29 PM
- Marriage Equality Marriage Equality Makes Progress in U.K. May 21 2013 8:25 PM
- Women PHOTOS: Stars Come Out for the LA Gay and Lesbian Center's 'An Evening with Women' May 21 2013 8:03 PM
- Video Meet the Delicious Diet Dr Pepper Dude May 21 2013 8:00 PM
- Women INTERVIEW: Vicci Martinez Speaks her Truth May 21 2013 6:34 PM