Obama's Twitter Followers in Minn. Most Interested in Gay Rights
BY Trudy Ring
November 02 2012 7:20 PM ET
In Minnesota, where voters will decide Tuesday whether to write a ban on same-sex marriage into the state constitution, gay rights is the topic that gets the most reaction from President Obama’s Twitter followers.
An analysis found that to be the topic that most engaged 25% of Obama’s followers in the state, the highest percentage for any subject, the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports. Energy and environment ranked second.
Gay rights ranked second in neighboring Wisconsin, behind retirement. LGBT issues may have such a high profile in that state because it could be the first one to elect an openly gay U.S. senator, Tammy Baldwin.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment