Was Chris Christie Left at the Altar in a Gay Marriage With Romney?
BY Lucas Grindley
November 06 2012 7:07 PM ET
MSNBC anchor Chris Matthews explains Mitt Romney's expected slump at the polls with a same-sex marriage metaphor, notes BuzzFeed.
"We knew the Republicans generally, according to their platform, don't believe in same-sex marriage, we know that," he said, smiling. "But I think the decision by Romney to leave Chris Christie at the altar was the most devastating decision they made."
Christie has been reported as Romney's apparent second choice for vice president. But it all supposedly happened after Christie was left to think he might get the job.
Then Christie cozied up to Obama in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. Matthews goes on: "He found love outside of marriage with the president. … If he was really married to Mitt Romney, we wouldn't have seen that dance of death last week. It really may have put this election back on track for Obama."
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Op-ed: The Decade Masturbation Burst Out of the Closet Before I Did
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- Is the 'Not Gay No More' Guy for Real?
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary
- Hagel's Exit Leaves Unfinished Business For LGBT Military Members, Advocates