Was Chris Christie Left at the Altar in a Gay Marriage With Romney?
BY Lucas Grindley
November 06 2012 8:07 PM ET
MSNBC anchor Chris Matthews explains Mitt Romney's expected slump at the polls with a same-sex marriage metaphor, notes BuzzFeed.
"We knew the Republicans generally, according to their platform, don't believe in same-sex marriage, we know that," he said, smiling. "But I think the decision by Romney to leave Chris Christie at the altar was the most devastating decision they made."
Christie has been reported as Romney's apparent second choice for vice president. But it all supposedly happened after Christie was left to think he might get the job.
Then Christie cozied up to Obama in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. Matthews goes on: "He found love outside of marriage with the president. … If he was really married to Mitt Romney, we wouldn't have seen that dance of death last week. It really may have put this election back on track for Obama."
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel
- Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays?
- Op-ed: Pope Francis: One Year In, Door Slightly Ajar for LGBT People
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Op-ed: In Boston, an Ugly St. Patrick's Day Tradition Continues
- Print Issue The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender 1 hour 13 min ago
- Current Issue Editor’s Letter: April/May Issue 2 hours 13 min ago
- Parenting Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays? 4:00 AM
- Media Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination March 10 2014 9:37 PM
- Women Lorde Takes Down Idiot DJ Who Implies She and Taylor Swift Are Lesbians March 10 2014 9:01 PM
- Women WATCH: Trailer for New Lesbian-Themed Series #Hashtag March 10 2014 7:54 PM
- Travel Sydney Mardi Gras: A Post-Mortem March 10 2014 7:47 PM