Was Chris Christie Left at the Altar in a Gay Marriage With Romney?
BY Lucas Grindley
November 06 2012 8:07 PM ET
MSNBC anchor Chris Matthews explains Mitt Romney's expected slump at the polls with a same-sex marriage metaphor, notes BuzzFeed.
"We knew the Republicans generally, according to their platform, don't believe in same-sex marriage, we know that," he said, smiling. "But I think the decision by Romney to leave Chris Christie at the altar was the most devastating decision they made."
Christie has been reported as Romney's apparent second choice for vice president. But it all supposedly happened after Christie was left to think he might get the job.
Then Christie cozied up to Obama in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. Matthews goes on: "He found love outside of marriage with the president. … If he was really married to Mitt Romney, we wouldn't have seen that dance of death last week. It really may have put this election back on track for Obama."
- Protests Continue But Opponents in France Get Final Loss
- WATCH: Marriage Equality a Big Story? Not on Fox News
- Hot Sheet: Super Duper Star Zack
- Rising Above the Down Low
- Florist Counter-Sues Washington, Arguing She Has a Right to Discriminate
- WATCH: Trailer for Liberace Film, 'Behind The Candelabra'
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM
- Pride S.F. Gay Couple Throw Fund-raiser for Trans Woman's Breast Implants May 17 2013 7:18 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Marriage Equality a Big Story? Not on Fox News May 17 2013 7:18 PM
- Women Jonathan Groff/Troian Bellisario Starrer C.O.G. to Open Outfest May 17 2013 7:04 PM
- Style WATCH: Nasty Pig Meets Naughty Dog May 17 2013 7:00 PM
- Sports UFC Comes Down Hard on Homophobic Wrestler May 17 2013 6:49 PM