Was Chris Christie Left at the Altar in a Gay Marriage With Romney?
BY Lucas Grindley
November 06 2012 8:07 PM ET
MSNBC anchor Chris Matthews explains Mitt Romney's expected slump at the polls with a same-sex marriage metaphor, notes BuzzFeed.
"We knew the Republicans generally, according to their platform, don't believe in same-sex marriage, we know that," he said, smiling. "But I think the decision by Romney to leave Chris Christie at the altar was the most devastating decision they made."
Christie has been reported as Romney's apparent second choice for vice president. But it all supposedly happened after Christie was left to think he might get the job.
Then Christie cozied up to Obama in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. Matthews goes on: "He found love outside of marriage with the president. … If he was really married to Mitt Romney, we wouldn't have seen that dance of death last week. It really may have put this election back on track for Obama."
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- PHOTOS: Best of Pride
- Trans Woman Dares Bible-Quoting Councilman to Stone Her to Death
- Ethics Complaint Filed Against Texas AG Over Stance on Marriage Licenses