Tim Kaine Defeats Antigay George Allen for Virginia Senate Seat
BY Trudy Ring
November 06 2012 11:42 PM ET
Former Virginia governor Tim Kaine, a Democrat, has defeated Republican George Allen in the race for a U.S. Senate seat from the state.
Allen, a former senator from the state, lost his reelection bid in 2006 after being caught on tape using a derogatory racial term. Allen has a record of opposing marriage equality and, in a flip-flop, LGBT-inclusive hate-crimes laws. Read more here.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Op-ed: Leelah Alcorn 'Ciswashed' by the Media, White House
- Bobby Jindal: Louisiana's Antigay Marriage Bill Isn't About Discrimination
- Michigan Trans Teen Skater's Suicide Rocks Roller Derby Community
- RuPaul's Drag Race's Max: I Made a 'Grave Mistake'