Tim Kaine Defeats Antigay George Allen for Virginia Senate Seat
BY Trudy Ring
November 06 2012 11:42 PM ET
Former Virginia governor Tim Kaine, a Democrat, has defeated Republican George Allen in the race for a U.S. Senate seat from the state.
Allen, a former senator from the state, lost his reelection bid in 2006 after being caught on tape using a derogatory racial term. Allen has a record of opposing marriage equality and, in a flip-flop, LGBT-inclusive hate-crimes laws. Read more here.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- Op-ed: Are Millennials More Racist Than Antigay?
- First Gay Couple to Wed at West Point Turns Tables on Antigay Attacker
- UFC Women's Champ: 'I Wouldn't Refuse' to Fight a Trans Athlete
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series