Dallas Gay Couple Arrested Again After Seeking Marriage License
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
August 05 2012 11:58 AM ET
A gay couple in Dallas is pulling out all the stops to push the marriage equality agenda in Texas. Beau Chandler and Mark "Major" Jiminez were arrested arrested on July 5 for criminal trespass after applying for a marriage license. They met with supporters and had their first court appearance on August 2, according to the Dallas Voice.
After their court appearnace, the couple returned to the Crowley Courts Building to apply for a marriage license, according to WFAA TV. After the two were again denied a marriage license, they began a sit-in.
Jiminez told reporters, "How is our marriage going to affect your life? When you're sitting down to the dinner table, how is the fact that we're married going to affect your life, at all? It's not! So why are you worried about it?"
Police arrested Jiminez again for tresspassing, according to WFAA.
- Entertainment News Musto: Tom Daley & Maria Bello Are Bi, Get Used To It 2 hours 15 min ago
- Television WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever! 7:00 AM
- Comedy Op-ed: What I Didn't Learn in Catholic School 6:00 AM
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: These Couples Prove Love Is Love 5:00 AM
- World News German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics December 08 2013 3:16 PM
- Marriage Equality Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License December 08 2013 2:31 PM
- Comedy WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2 December 08 2013 2:15 PM