Dallas Gay Couple Arrested Again After Seeking Marriage License
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
August 05 2012 12:58 PM ET
A gay couple in Dallas is pulling out all the stops to push the marriage equality agenda in Texas. Beau Chandler and Mark "Major" Jiminez were arrested arrested on July 5 for criminal trespass after applying for a marriage license. They met with supporters and had their first court appearance on August 2, according to the Dallas Voice.
After their court appearnace, the couple returned to the Crowley Courts Building to apply for a marriage license, according to WFAA TV. After the two were again denied a marriage license, they began a sit-in.
Jiminez told reporters, "How is our marriage going to affect your life? When you're sitting down to the dinner table, how is the fact that we're married going to affect your life, at all? It's not! So why are you worried about it?"
Police arrested Jiminez again for tresspassing, according to WFAA.
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM
- Religion Archbishop of NY Applauds NFL Hopeful Michael Sam for Coming Out March 08 2014 6:04 PM
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine March 08 2014 2:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return March 08 2014 7:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith March 08 2014 5:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 8:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 8:25 PM