Dallas Gay Couple Arrested Again After Seeking Marriage License
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
August 05 2012 12:58 PM ET
A gay couple in Dallas is pulling out all the stops to push the marriage equality agenda in Texas. Beau Chandler and Mark "Major" Jiminez were arrested arrested on July 5 for criminal trespass after applying for a marriage license. They met with supporters and had their first court appearance on August 2, according to the Dallas Voice.
After their court appearnace, the couple returned to the Crowley Courts Building to apply for a marriage license, according to WFAA TV. After the two were again denied a marriage license, they began a sit-in.
Jiminez told reporters, "How is our marriage going to affect your life? When you're sitting down to the dinner table, how is the fact that we're married going to affect your life, at all? It's not! So why are you worried about it?"
Police arrested Jiminez again for tresspassing, according to WFAA.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: Real Weddings, Real People 1 hour 42 min ago
- Youth WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Scout Comes Out to Camp Leader 2 hours 43 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: Are We More Successful Because Weâ€™re Gay? 4:34 AM
- Current Issue We Love Liberace Now Even More Than 30 Years Ago 4:00 AM
- Sports Water Polo Player Addresses WeHo City Council in Speedo May 22 2013 10:00 PM
- Comics and Graphic Novels This Gay Superhero Comic Is So Super Duper May 22 2013 9:00 PM
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? May 22 2013 8:15 PM