Effort to Repeal Virginia Marriage Ban Goes Down in Flames
BY Neal Broverman
January 14 2013 4:36 PM ET
An effort to repeal Virginia's marriage equality ban in the state's House of Delegates failed after Republicans quashed it.
Democrat Scott Surovell, who introduced the repeal legislation, said times have changed since Virginia voters passed a referendum against same-sex marriage in 2006. He also warned that the ban was making the state less desirable for businesses who value equality.
Surovell's measure was defeated in a voice vote in a Republican-controlled subcommittee. Read more here.
- Westboro Baptist Joins the Anti-Kim Davis Bandwagon But the Reason May Surprise You
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- WATCH: Steve Grand Is Going to Be This Marine's Date to Marine Ball
- Donald Trump Takes a Day to Get Up to Speed on Kim Davis
- Kim Davis to Appeal Contempt Ruling
- WATCH: Deaf Meets LGBT in New Romantic Series