PHOTOS: It's About More Than Marriage
BY Jase Peeples
June 27 2013 5:00 AM ET
Above: Christopher Argyros — NY needs trans justice #morethanmarriage
With marriage once again legal for same-sex couples in California and DOMA defeated, the LGBT community has much to celebrate as Pride month comes to a close. Nevertheless, a growing photo campaign from the Transgender Law Center reminds us that the battle for full equality is far from over and is about much more than marriage.
#morethanmarriage is a community-based campaign that aims to raise awareness of the issues we still need to address such as, immigration, bullying, health care access, family rights, employment, and more.
Take a look at the following photos of those who have already added their voice to the growing movement and then join the cause by sharing your own photo and message on Instagram/Twitter with the hashtag #morethanmarriage. Visit transgenderlawcenter.org to learn more about how you can help make a difference.
See more photos from the campaign on the following pages.
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- WATCH: Dr. Drew Interviews Gay Teen Attacked by Christian Family
- Op-ed: This Is What Happens When a Generation Is Raised on LGBT Visibility
- 11 Best Moments From the Marriage Argument Everyone's Talking About
- Harry Styles Rocks A Michael Sam Jersey At St. Louis Concert
- GLAAD Condemns Slate's Emily Yoffe's Advice