PHOTOS: It's About More Than Marriage
BY Jase Peeples
June 27 2013 4:00 AM ET
Above: Christopher Argyros — NY needs trans justice #morethanmarriage
With marriage once again legal for same-sex couples in California and DOMA defeated, the LGBT community has much to celebrate as Pride month comes to a close. Nevertheless, a growing photo campaign from the Transgender Law Center reminds us that the battle for full equality is far from over and is about much more than marriage.
#morethanmarriage is a community-based campaign that aims to raise awareness of the issues we still need to address such as, immigration, bullying, health care access, family rights, employment, and more.
Take a look at the following photos of those who have already added their voice to the growing movement and then join the cause by sharing your own photo and message on Instagram/Twitter with the hashtag #morethanmarriage. Visit transgenderlawcenter.org to learn more about how you can help make a difference.
See more photos from the campaign on the following pages.
- Media PHOTOS: Adam Lambert, Jane Lynch, Chris Colfer, Fergie at TrevorLIVE Benefit December 09 2013 9:41 PM
- Women New Family Ties: Meredith Baxter Marries Nancy Locke December 09 2013 8:01 PM
- Travel Spider-Man Will Welcome In 2014 In Times Square December 09 2013 7:52 PM
- Election Is Marriage Equality Still Politically Dangerous, Even in Mass.? December 09 2013 7:09 PM
- Entertainment News Tig Notaro Nominated for Best Comedy Album December 09 2013 6:08 PM
- HIV & AIDS Republican Pol: Gays Want Free Medical Care Because of AIDS December 09 2013 6:04 PM
- Parenting Israel Again Deals Gay Couples, Families Legislative Setback December 09 2013 4:10 PM