WATCH: Two Men Marry in Traditional African Ceremony
BY Neal Broverman
April 08 2013 7:06 PM ET
Two 27-year-old South African men recently married in a ceremony that brought together the Zulu and Tswana traditions.
Wearing historical garb and dancing and singing in traditional African styles, Tshepo Cameron Modisane and Thoba Calvin Sithol were married in the town of KwaDukuza in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa in front of 200 people. The grooms intend to have children through a surrogate. Listen to them talk about their relationship below.
- Op-ed: Why LGBT People Around the World Need Israel
- #TBT: WWII and the Buddy System
- Showtime to Air Kidnapped for Christ, Exposé of Antigay Reform School
- Artist Spotlight: James Huctwith
- Jason Mraz: 'Coming Out Is the Coolest Thing Anyone Can Do'
- Right Wing Assails Aussie Gay Parenting Study; Researcher Responds