PHOTOS: A Mass Wedding First in Maryland
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 18 2013 6:24 PM ET
The rainbow-colored cupcakes weren't traditional, but the vows read by Baltimore mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake during Sunday's mass wedding were familar to many.
"To have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part," she said during a ceremony for 21 couples on the Pride main stage in Druid Hill Park, The Baltimore Sun reports.
And then, "I now pronounce you married."
On the following pages, see photos from the celebration.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- 15 More Queers and Allies to Watch in 2015
- WATCH: Rick Santorum Thinks 'People Aren't Getting Married'
- South Dakota AG: Clerks Can Refuse Same-Sex Marriage Licenses
- Hillary Clinton's Kind Words to Gay Kid 'Afraid' for His Future
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed