PHOTOS: A Mass Wedding First in Maryland
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 18 2013 5:24 PM ET
The rainbow-colored cupcakes weren't traditional, but the vows read by Baltimore mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake during Sunday's mass wedding were familar to many.
"To have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part," she said during a ceremony for 21 couples on the Pride main stage in Druid Hill Park, The Baltimore Sun reports.
And then, "I now pronounce you married."
On the following pages, see photos from the celebration.
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial March 07 2014 7:20 PM
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned March 07 2014 6:57 PM
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School March 07 2014 6:55 PM
- Women Who the F Is … California Politico Toni Atkins? March 07 2014 5:53 PM
- Women Op-ed: Why We Need International Women's Day March 07 2014 5:49 PM