CNN Contributor Defends Radio Host Who Said Obama Turns Kids Gay
BY Lucas Grindley
June 07 2012 2:22 PM ET UPDATED: June 08 2012 8:03 PM ET
Second Update: CNN contributor Dana Loesch has followed up her comments to clarify that "I don’t listen to his radio show or know his remarks." In other words, she hadn't heard what Caiden Cowger said before defending him and saying he deserved praise for "civic participation." Loesch also went on to attack The Advocate for calling out her tweets, saying coverage of the teen she'd tweeted about amounted to "cyber bullying a child."
CNN contributor Dana Loesch is defending the 14-year-old talk radio host who said President Obama "is making kids gay."
Loesch, who is also host of The Dana Show on radio, went on Twitter to defend Caiden Cowger against the outrage.
"Another conservative teen under attack for being ... a conservative teen," she wrote. "Remember when adults praised civic participation?"
Later she added, "Love the NOH8 bullies. Love the irony of that statement even more."
Loesch didn't elaborate. But what has people so riled up about Cowger's statement is his claim that President Obama and Vice President Biden are turning kids gay — which Loesch might suggest is a conservative principle. TMZ first shared the video, which had been removed by YouTube as hate speech.
Cowger said he knows of 30 teenagers in his county who are gay, "and it is sickening. It sickens me." Cowger said he was once friends with some of them.
"I knew them when they were in the beginning of middle school, and you know what? They were not homosexuals," he said. "They just decided all of a sudden, I think I'm going to be gay. Why they are becoming homosexuals, why they are becoming gay, is because they are being encouraged by it."
And then he ranted about Obama's It Gets Better video and support for marriage equality.
"President Obama, Vice President Biden, is making kids gay," he said. "They are encouraging kids to think, well, you know what, they're talking about being a homosexual, and they're saying there's nothing wrong with being gay, so you know what, I think I might try that out for a little bit. That's what's going on."
Loesch responded on Twitter to this story with, "Oh you disingenuous hack. You think it's OK to bully and threaten minors over speech? That was the point."
- Travel Destination of the Week: Denmark March 13 2014 7:41 PM
- Women WATCH: Daughter Teaches Mom Lesbian Slang March 13 2014 7:27 PM
- Women What do the OINTB Season 2 Promo Pics Mean for the Ladies of Litchfield? March 13 2014 7:14 PM
- Women BREAKING: Father of Murdered Texas Lesbian Arrested March 13 2014 6:34 PM
- Travel Directors, Reality Housewives and the Sad Story of WeHo's 'Death Corner' March 13 2014 5:33 PM
- Politics Michigan's First Out Federal Judge Confirmed March 13 2014 4:34 PM
- Arts & Entertainment Model Andrej Pejic Shouts: 'I'm a Boy and I'm a Girl!' March 13 2014 4:25 PM