Geraldo Has No Idea What a Gay Slur Is
BY Michelle Garcia
December 23 2013 3:43 PM ET
Fox News contributor Geraldo Rivera says the epithet Alec Baldwin spouted to a photographer isn't a homophobic slur — at least where Rivera is from.
Last week Baldwin's comments came up when Sean Hannity criticized A&E for putting Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty on indefinite hiatus because of Robertson's homophobic and racist comments. Hannity panelist Rivera said Baldwin's statement, in which he called a photographer a "cocksucking faggot," were "commonplace" where he grew up, according to Media Matters.
"That wasn't a homophobic slur," Rivera said. He added, "Sean, Baldwin and I all grew up 10 miles of each other, and when we were growing up, in my year especially, those comments were commonplace."
Baldwin's words resulted in his being suspended from his MSNBC show, which was canceled soon after.
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- 6 Bad Behaviors for HIV-Positive People
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- Is It Time for These Indiana Events to Relocate?