Geraldo Has No Idea What a Gay Slur Is
BY Michelle Garcia
December 23 2013 3:43 PM ET
Fox News contributor Geraldo Rivera says the epithet Alec Baldwin spouted to a photographer isn't a homophobic slur — at least where Rivera is from.
Last week Baldwin's comments came up when Sean Hannity criticized A&E for putting Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty on indefinite hiatus because of Robertson's homophobic and racist comments. Hannity panelist Rivera said Baldwin's statement, in which he called a photographer a "cocksucking faggot," were "commonplace" where he grew up, according to Media Matters.
"That wasn't a homophobic slur," Rivera said. He added, "Sean, Baldwin and I all grew up 10 miles of each other, and when we were growing up, in my year especially, those comments were commonplace."
Baldwin's words resulted in his being suspended from his MSNBC show, which was canceled soon after.
- Travel Destination of the Week: Denmark March 13 2014 7:41 PM
- Women WATCH: Daughter Teaches Mom Lesbian Slang March 13 2014 7:27 PM
- Women What do the OINTB Season 2 Promo Pics Mean for the Ladies of Litchfield? March 13 2014 7:14 PM
- Women BREAKING: Father of Murdered Texas Lesbian Arrested March 13 2014 6:34 PM
- Travel Directors, Reality Housewives and the Sad Story of WeHo's 'Death Corner' March 13 2014 5:33 PM
- Politics Michigan's First Out Federal Judge Confirmed March 13 2014 4:34 PM
- Arts & Entertainment Model Andrej Pejic Shouts: 'I'm a Boy and I'm a Girl!' March 13 2014 4:25 PM