Lesbian Pundit Responds to Republican Critic With Wit
BY Ran Aubrey Frazier
January 28 2014 8:30 PM ET
The wit of a lesbian CNN contributor may have turned a Republican critic into a fan.
Last Wednesday liberal political commentator Sally Kohn joined the lineup of pundits at CNN. News of her appointment elicited an inappropriate comment from former South Carolina GOP operative Todd Kincannon, who publicly tweeted at Kohn, "Nice haircut, sir."
Kincannon's tweet prompted one of his followers to remark that Kohn's Twitter photo resembled Justin Bieber's mug shot from the singer's recent arrest in Miami. When Kincannon responded to his follower that he wanted to "steal" the joke, the follower sent an image of Bieber's mug shot juxtaposed with Kohn's Twitter pic.
Taking the snarky exchange in stride, Kohn, who is a lesbian, jokingly tweeted to Kincannon, "I mean, the pictures side by side even made me do a double take ... " Her decision to play it cool apparently impressed Kincannon, who tweeted, "I have to give Kohn credit. I used her to make fun of Justin Bieber today and she was a good sport about it. Major props!" He went on to declare that he is "now officially a @sallykohn fan."
The online exchange, which is no longer public as Kincannon’s Twitter account has since been suspended, was reported by The Blaze, a conservative news site.
- WATCH: This Indiana Pizzeria Won't Cater Gay Weddings
- WATCH: Conan's Hilarious Interview With Indiana's 'Religious Freedom Czar'
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- Ellen's 11 Most Uproarious, April Fool's-Approved Pranks
- The Best Drag Take on Madonna Is By a Woman
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion