What Will Rachel Maddow's Iraq Documentary Reveal?
BY Lucas Grindley
February 17 2013 6:05 PM ET
If there is any remaining doubt about whether it was a mistake to go to war with Iraq, Rachel Maddow is looking to quash it on Monday.
The out MSNBC anchor will helm a special report, called "Hubris: Selling the Iraq War," timed to the 10-year anniversary of beginning the invasion. Coincidentally, it's also Presidents Day.
The documentary, which airs at 9 p.m. ET, takes off on a book with the same name by MSNBC contributors David Corn and Michael Isikoff. But the network is promising the show will come with new information and with interviews from players in the decision-making at the time.
Watch Maddow herself explain the documentary in video below, then check out an excerpt.
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- Playwright Responds to N.C. High School That Canceled Play Due to Gay Scene
- Last-Minute Gift Ideas for the Catholic Who Suddenly Wants to Be Friends
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- Op-ed: How the Voices of Children Have Helped Turn the Tide on Marriage Equality