WATCH: Pat Robertson Wants a Facebook 'Vomit' Button
BY Sunnivie Brydum
July 08 2013 1:54 PM ET
While many Facebook users have been begging the social networking site for a "dislike" button to accompany the site's ubiquitous "like" function, televangelist Pat Robertson wants a more visceral way to express his disapproval.
On Sunday's episode of The 700 Club, Robertson said seeing a picture of two men kissing on Facebook makes him physically sick, according to video from Right Wing Watch posted at the Raw Story.
"Well, that makes me want to throw up," Robertson said, responding to a viewer who wanted to know if "liking" something on Facebook was tantamount to condoning the practice. "To me, I would punch 'Vomit,' not 'Like,' but they don't give you that option on Facebook." Robertson then nearly doubled over laughing, before confirming that "liking" a gay couple's photo on Facebook is, indeed, condoning that couple's relationship.
Later in the broadcast, the notorious homophobe railed on the Supreme Court for its landmark decision last month to strike down the so-called Defense of Marriage Act and allow the federal government to recognize legally married same-sex couples.
"For some reason now the Supreme Court has said homosexuality is now a constitutional right," said Robertson while citing Leviticus. "And this decision that was handed down recently by the majority glorifies this activity and talks about the civil rights and all this. Well, the Bible didn’t talk about civil rights, it talked about this was an offense against God, and it was an offense against the land, and the land would vomit you out."
Watch both segments below.
- Is The GOP Discriminating Against Its Gay Candidates?
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- WATCH: Rep. Polis's Epic Blowup on House Floor Over Immigration
- Op-ed: Stop Judging Tom Daley and Dustin Lance Black
- Russia's High Court Declares 'Gay Propaganda' Ban Constitutional
- New York Officials Demand Olympic Sponsors Take Action
- Women WATCH: Lesbians Explain How Lesbians Have Sex - with Visual Aids! December 05 2013 7:57 PM
- Travel Why Travelers Love Palm Springs Airport December 05 2013 7:33 PM
- Travel Turkish Bazaar Opening on Vegas Strip December 05 2013 7:12 PM
- No More Bullying WATCH: It Gets Better Speaks to Russian LGBT Youth December 05 2013 6:33 PM