WATCH: Pat Robertson Wants a Facebook 'Vomit' Button
BY Sunnivie Brydum
July 08 2013 2:54 PM ET
While many Facebook users have been begging the social networking site for a "dislike" button to accompany the site's ubiquitous "like" function, televangelist Pat Robertson wants a more visceral way to express his disapproval.
On Sunday's episode of The 700 Club, Robertson said seeing a picture of two men kissing on Facebook makes him physically sick, according to video from Right Wing Watch posted at the Raw Story.
"Well, that makes me want to throw up," Robertson said, responding to a viewer who wanted to know if "liking" something on Facebook was tantamount to condoning the practice. "To me, I would punch 'Vomit,' not 'Like,' but they don't give you that option on Facebook." Robertson then nearly doubled over laughing, before confirming that "liking" a gay couple's photo on Facebook is, indeed, condoning that couple's relationship.
Later in the broadcast, the notorious homophobe railed on the Supreme Court for its landmark decision last month to strike down the so-called Defense of Marriage Act and allow the federal government to recognize legally married same-sex couples.
"For some reason now the Supreme Court has said homosexuality is now a constitutional right," said Robertson while citing Leviticus. "And this decision that was handed down recently by the majority glorifies this activity and talks about the civil rights and all this. Well, the Bible didn’t talk about civil rights, it talked about this was an offense against God, and it was an offense against the land, and the land would vomit you out."
Watch both segments below.
- Timothy Dolan Uncomfortable as Pope Calls for Study of Civil Unions
- WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah
- Op-ed: A Second Look at Bisexuality
- Op-ed: In Defense of Jared Leto
- Low-Income Apartment Complex for LGBT Seniors Opens in Philadelphia
- Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW
- Politics WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah 33 min 50 sec ago
- Religion Uncomfortable: Timothy Dolan Versus Pope on Civil Unions 38 min 17 sec ago
- Politics WATCH: Low-Income Apartments for LGBT Seniors Open 1 hour 53 min ago
- Comedy Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play 2 hours 42 min ago
- Comedy 8 Movies Made Better With 'Let It Go' 11:50 AM
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM
- Religion Archbishop Dolan to NFL Hopeful Michael Sam: 'Bravo' UPDATED: March 08 2014 6:04 PM