WATCH: Gay Teen Explains What Bible Really Says
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
September 01 2014 12:34 PM ET
Following five years of prayer and thought — after coming out as gay at 15 years old — a young gay Christian man, TJ Montoya, put together this well-researched video response to Christians who don’t “agree with” or understand homosexuality and its relationship to the Bible. Montoya, whose mother is a Christian missionary and father is a worship pastor, came out in 2010.
“It's been a long journey,” Montoya says about coming out. “But it truly does get better. So I decided to make a video explaining what the Bible actually says about homosexuality.”
Think you know the Bible verses? You may be surprised at Montoya’s educational sermon.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Antigay Activist: Buy My 'No Such Thing as Gay' Book
- Op-ed: The Decade Masturbation Burst Out of the Closet Before I Did
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary
- Federal Judge Rules for Marriage Equality in Arkansas
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson