WATCH: Gay Teen Explains What Bible Really Says
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
September 01 2014 1:34 PM ET
Following five years of prayer and thought — after coming out as gay at 15 years old — a young gay Christian man, TJ Montoya, put together this well-researched video response to Christians who don’t “agree with” or understand homosexuality and its relationship to the Bible. Montoya, whose mother is a Christian missionary and father is a worship pastor, came out in 2010.
“It's been a long journey,” Montoya says about coming out. “But it truly does get better. So I decided to make a video explaining what the Bible actually says about homosexuality.”
Think you know the Bible verses? You may be surprised at Montoya’s educational sermon.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- 19 Shows LGBT Viewers Can't Miss This Fall
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- Faking It's Michael J. Willett Is the Teen Heartthrob We've Been Waiting For
- Op-ed: My Bi Choice
- Louisiana Judge Strikes Down State's Marriage Ban