WATCH: Gay Teen Explains What Bible Really Says
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
September 01 2014 1:34 PM ET
Following five years of prayer and thought — after coming out as gay at 15 years old — a young gay Christian man, TJ Montoya, put together this well-researched video response to Christians who don’t “agree with” or understand homosexuality and its relationship to the Bible. Montoya, whose mother is a Christian missionary and father is a worship pastor, came out in 2010.
“It's been a long journey,” Montoya says about coming out. “But it truly does get better. So I decided to make a video explaining what the Bible actually says about homosexuality.”
Think you know the Bible verses? You may be surprised at Montoya’s educational sermon.
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- First Gay Couple to Wed at West Point Turns Tables on Antigay Attacker
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: Are Millennials More Racist Than Antigay?
- WATCH: Stonewall Movie Drops First Trailer
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series