Cal. Assembly Passes 2 Bills For Trans Residents
BY Michelle Garcia
May 11 2013 1:59 PM ET
The California assembly has passed bills to ensure more rights and protections for transgender citizens. One piece of legislation would require the state's public schools to allow transgender students to participate in sex-segregated school programs and activities, including athletic teams and competitions," MSNBC reports.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People