Cal. Assembly Passes 2 Bills For Trans Residents
BY Michelle Garcia
May 11 2013 1:59 PM ET
The California assembly has passed bills to ensure more rights and protections for transgender citizens. One piece of legislation would require the state's public schools to allow transgender students to participate in sex-segregated school programs and activities, including athletic teams and competitions," MSNBC reports.
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- WATCH: To Rand Paul, Marriage Equality Signals 'Moral Crisis'
- Michigan Woman Sues Planet Fitness Over Trans-Inclusive Locker Room