Cal. Assembly Passes 2 Bills For Trans Residents
BY Michelle Garcia
May 11 2013 1:59 PM ET
The California assembly has passed bills to ensure more rights and protections for transgender citizens. One piece of legislation would require the state's public schools to allow transgender students to participate in sex-segregated school programs and activities, including athletic teams and competitions," MSNBC reports.
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- Marriage Equality Supporter Featured in Mormon Anti-Marriage Equality Post
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- Trans Woman Who Expanded Facebook's Gender Options Banned For Not Using 'Real Name'