Cal. Assembly Passes 2 Bills For Trans Residents
BY Michelle Garcia
May 11 2013 12:59 PM ET
The California assembly has passed bills to ensure more rights and protections for transgender citizens. One piece of legislation would require the state's public schools to allow transgender students to participate in sex-segregated school programs and activities, including athletic teams and competitions," MSNBC reports.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Op-ed: The Decade Masturbation Burst Out of the Closet Before I Did
- Is the 'Not Gay No More' Guy for Real?
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary
- Hagel's Exit Leaves Unfinished Business For LGBT Military Members, Advocates
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson