WATCH: Laverne Cox Kills it With 'Creating Change' Speech
BY Jase Peeples
February 01 2014 12:48 PM ET
Actress Laverne Cox fired up the audience at the opening of the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force annual conference "Creating Change" on Jan. 30.
The Orange is the New Black star received constant bouts of applause and cheers as she spoke about the struggles of trans people and the need for justice.
"This feels so amazing, all this love that you're giving me tonight,” Cox said. “I have to say that a black, transgender woman from a working class background raised by a single mother — that's me — getting all this love tonight. This feels like the change I need to see more of in this country."
Watch Laverne Cox’s full moving speech in the video below
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel
- Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination
- WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old
- Op-ed: In Boston, an Ugly St. Patrick's Day Tradition Continues
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Print Issue The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender 40 min 56 sec ago
- Current Issue Editor’s Letter: April/May Issue 1 hour 40 min ago
- Parenting Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays? 2 hours 42 min ago
- Media Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination March 10 2014 9:37 PM
- Women Lorde Takes Down Idiot DJ Who Implies She and Taylor Swift Are Lesbians March 10 2014 9:01 PM
- Women WATCH: Trailer for New Lesbian-Themed Series #Hashtag March 10 2014 7:54 PM
- Travel Sydney Mardi Gras: A Post-Mortem March 10 2014 7:47 PM