WATCH: Laverne Cox Kills it With 'Creating Change' Speech
BY Jase Peeples
February 01 2014 11:48 AM ET
Actress Laverne Cox fired up the audience at the opening of the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force annual conference "Creating Change" on Jan. 30.
The Orange is the New Black star received constant bouts of applause and cheers as she spoke about the struggles of trans people and the need for justice.
"This feels so amazing, all this love that you're giving me tonight,” Cox said. “I have to say that a black, transgender woman from a working class background raised by a single mother — that's me — getting all this love tonight. This feels like the change I need to see more of in this country."
Watch Laverne Cox’s full moving speech in the video below
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return 6:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial March 07 2014 7:20 PM
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned March 07 2014 6:57 PM
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School March 07 2014 6:55 PM