WATCH: Laverne Cox Kills it With 'Creating Change' Speech
BY Jase Peeples
February 01 2014 12:48 PM ET
Actress Laverne Cox fired up the audience at the opening of the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force annual conference "Creating Change" on Jan. 30.
The Orange is the New Black star received constant bouts of applause and cheers as she spoke about the struggles of trans people and the need for justice.
"This feels so amazing, all this love that you're giving me tonight,” Cox said. “I have to say that a black, transgender woman from a working class background raised by a single mother — that's me — getting all this love tonight. This feels like the change I need to see more of in this country."
Watch Laverne Cox’s full moving speech in the video below
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Bryan Cranston: 'End This Silliness' of Opposing Marriage Equality
- Scott Eastwood: 'I Support Gay Marriage'
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Rachel Maddow Spoofs Minnesota Senate's 'No Eye Contact' Rule