PHOTOS: The Pride of Boston
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 17 2014 5:40 PM ET
The 44th Boston Pride Parade and Festival drew a record estimated 400,000 people. More than 25,000 people in two hundred groups marched in the annual parade, which was led by Gov. Deval Patrick and Mayor Martin J. Walsh and ended with a festival on City Hall Plaza.
“There’s been a huge evolution in the kind of folks attending,” Boston Pride president Sylvain Bruni told The Boston Globe. “There are more families, more babies, more couples, more youth, more straight people — it’s much more diverse than it’s ever been.”
Photos included here are courtesy of Marilyn Humphries and Merina Zeller via Boston Pride.
Warm weather brought out the guns for Gay Pride.
Like we said, really warm weather.
Some participants were stricken with Rainbow Madness disease. Here, medics attend to a victim.
Music men raise their trombones high.
Governor Patrick with Boston Pride president Sylvain Bruni, who presented him with the certificate as grand marshal of the Boston Pride Parade.
- Artist Spotlight: Paul Reitz
- Hot Sheet: It's Ryan Time Again
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Italy: Restaurant Fires Server for Printing Antigay Slur on Check
- 13 LGBT Roles That Didn't Kill These A-List Actors' Careers
- Laverne Cox Distances Herself From Controversial Trans Inmate