150 Reasons to Have Pride in 2010
BY Advocate Contributors
May 10 2010 5:00 AM ET
BECAUSE STEPHEN COLBERT HAS AMERICA BY THE BALLOTS
The host of the fake news show The Colbert Report has a lifetime of props for roasting President Bush at the White House Correspondents’ Dinner, not to mention mocking lawmakers’ bigotry by ironically endorsing it.
BECAUSE A MAJORITY OF PEOPLE THINK DADT HAS SEEN ITS DAY
According to a February poll by Quinnipiac University, 57% of Americans support dropping “don’t ask, don’t tell” like a bad habit.
BECAUSE WE’VE GOT FRIENDS IN UNEXPECTED PLACES
As the young LGBT activists on the 2010 Soulforce Q Equality Ride traveled to Goshen, Ind., they broke bread with some unlikely hosts. The Saturday Assembly Mennonite Church hosted a potluck dinner and conversation.
BECAUSE WE FIGHT TO MAKE SURE OUR FILMS ARE SEEN
While in years past some attempts to hold the event were shut down by police, the Beijing Queer Film Festival went off without a hitch in July 2009. We’re awaiting announcement of the 2010 festival.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- 19 Shows LGBT Viewers Can't Miss This Fall
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- WATCH: Neil Patrick Harris Explains He Got Married for His Kids
- Catholic Clergy Demand That Gay Couple Divorce
- WATCH: Gay Inaugural Poet's Marriage Equality Tribute Will Give You Goosebumps