BY Advocate Contributors
November 16 2010 11:00 PM ET
Daniel Radcliffe Supports Gay Youths
One straight ally who got involved — even before the autumn’s tragic string of reported suicides — is Harry Potter portrayer Daniel Radcliffe. In May the 20-year-old international superstar recorded a suicide prevention PSA for the Trevor Project, and he then spent a lot of time telling media outlets why he bothered. “It’s something I’ve always been quite passionate about,” Radcliffe told MTV News. “Because I grew up around gay men, it was always a natural thing to me. It was never something I ever gave a second thought to.… And now I am in a position where I can help an amazing thing like the Trevor Project.”
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Bryan Cranston: 'End This Silliness' of Opposing Marriage Equality
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Scott Eastwood: 'I Support Gay Marriage'
- Rachel Maddow Spoofs Minnesota Senate's 'No Eye Contact' Rule