BY Advocate Contributors
November 16 2010 11:00 PM ET
Daniel Radcliffe Supports Gay Youths
One straight ally who got involved — even before the autumn’s tragic string of reported suicides — is Harry Potter portrayer Daniel Radcliffe. In May the 20-year-old international superstar recorded a suicide prevention PSA for the Trevor Project, and he then spent a lot of time telling media outlets why he bothered. “It’s something I’ve always been quite passionate about,” Radcliffe told MTV News. “Because I grew up around gay men, it was always a natural thing to me. It was never something I ever gave a second thought to.… And now I am in a position where I can help an amazing thing like the Trevor Project.”
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- #TBT: Selling the Male Body
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Alabama's Antigay Chief Justice Scolds Ruth Bader Ginsburg on 'Judicial Ethics'
- North Carolina Governor to Veto Antigay Measure
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban