BY Advocate Contributors
November 16 2010 10:00 PM ET
Daniel Radcliffe Supports Gay Youths
One straight ally who got involved — even before the autumn’s tragic string of reported suicides — is Harry Potter portrayer Daniel Radcliffe. In May the 20-year-old international superstar recorded a suicide prevention PSA for the Trevor Project, and he then spent a lot of time telling media outlets why he bothered. “It’s something I’ve always been quite passionate about,” Radcliffe told MTV News. “Because I grew up around gay men, it was always a natural thing to me. It was never something I ever gave a second thought to.… And now I am in a position where I can help an amazing thing like the Trevor Project.”
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Partner of Sydney Siege Hero Remembers His 'Soulmate'
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model