Coming Out in Print
BY Jeremy Kinser
August 23 2012 5:00 AM ET
Issue 1035, February 2010
The actor, who played Vanessa Williams’s fashion-conscious assistant on ABC’s Ugly Betty and was about to open in The Temperamentals, a play about the Mattachine Society, told us he generally eschews labels but identifies as queer.
“I’ve never said I was straight, and I’m not saying I’m gay now. I never lie, and I’ve never shied away from the topic. I’ve certainly chosen through my work to do things that promote the rights of LGBTQ people. I am not a hypocrite — certainly not now.”
- WATCH: Dodger Stadium Reacts to Same-Sex Couple on Kiss Cam
- Newly Out Fox Contributor Isn't Very Concerned About Gay Rights
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?
- Marriage Equality Could Worsen Bisexual Erasure
- Out NYC Owners Call Gays 'Cheap,' 'Entitled' In Disastrous Interview