Coming Out in Print
BY Jeremy Kinser
August 23 2012 5:00 AM ET
Issue 1035, February 2010
The actor, who played Vanessa Williams’s fashion-conscious assistant on ABC’s Ugly Betty and was about to open in The Temperamentals, a play about the Mattachine Society, told us he generally eschews labels but identifies as queer.
“I’ve never said I was straight, and I’m not saying I’m gay now. I never lie, and I’ve never shied away from the topic. I’ve certainly chosen through my work to do things that promote the rights of LGBTQ people. I am not a hypocrite — certainly not now.”
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People