Coming Out in Print
BY Jeremy Kinser
August 23 2012 5:00 AM ET
Issue 1035, February 2010
The actor, who played Vanessa Williams’s fashion-conscious assistant on ABC’s Ugly Betty and was about to open in The Temperamentals, a play about the Mattachine Society, told us he generally eschews labels but identifies as queer.
“I’ve never said I was straight, and I’m not saying I’m gay now. I never lie, and I’ve never shied away from the topic. I’ve certainly chosen through my work to do things that promote the rights of LGBTQ people. I am not a hypocrite — certainly not now.”
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- TBT: Mid-Century Dreamboats
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- Op-ed: Whither Gay Provincetown?
- WATCH: Kentucky Clerk Defies Court Again, Turns Away Same-Sex Couple a Third Time
- WATCH: Donald Trump Still Can't Explain His Marriage Equality Opposition