Reasons for Pride in 2012, Part 2
BY Advocate Contributors
May 16 2012 4:00 AM ET
Because we’re teaching the world to cook
Lesbian chef Cat Cora’s Southern charm is going global. Cora and her cohost Curtis Stone will lead a diverse group of 12 chefs in what Bravo calls its “most ambitious production to date,” Around the World in 80 Plates. The culinary competitors race across 10 countries, including China, Morocco, and Uruguay, in 40 days to cook up dishes that encapsulate and reinvent the local cuisine. “I was actually rejuvenated,” says Cora of the 40-day race. “It was the best production I’ve ever worked on and definitely one of the most exciting as well.” It’s a gay foodie’s dream.
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 5 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Michigan Woman Sues Planet Fitness Over Trans-Inclusive Locker Room
- George Takei Joins Gamers in Shunning Indiana