Reasons for Pride in 2012, Part 2
BY Advocate Contributors
May 16 2012 4:00 AM ET
Because we’re teaching the world to cook
Lesbian chef Cat Cora’s Southern charm is going global. Cora and her cohost Curtis Stone will lead a diverse group of 12 chefs in what Bravo calls its “most ambitious production to date,” Around the World in 80 Plates. The culinary competitors race across 10 countries, including China, Morocco, and Uruguay, in 40 days to cook up dishes that encapsulate and reinvent the local cuisine. “I was actually rejuvenated,” says Cora of the 40-day race. “It was the best production I’ve ever worked on and definitely one of the most exciting as well.” It’s a gay foodie’s dream.
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- In Protesting Irish Marriage Victory, Westboro Gets the Flag Wrong
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- WATCH: Out Musician Mika Shares Video for 'Good Guys,' a Bittersweet Homage to Gay Men
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy