Reasons for Pride in 2012, Part 2
BY Advocate Contributors
May 16 2012 3:00 AM ET
Because The Voice gives us a voice
Wait — American Idol? Which one is that again? Oh, sorry, fans were too busy watching a bunch of openly gay people rock out and bare their souls on The Voice to tune in to Idol. The Voice has had more openly LGBT contestants in its two seasons than Idol has had in 11 (and that includes Clay Aiken and Adam Lambert, who weren’t out on the show). Bonus points for Adam Levine, the dreamiest judge in reality television, and CeeLo’s cat.
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Partner of Sydney Siege Hero Remembers His 'Soulmate'
- Emily Blunt: 'I Want to Be a Gay Icon'