Reasons for Pride in 2012, Part 2
BY Advocate Contributors
May 16 2012 4:00 AM ET
Because The Voice gives us a voice
Wait — American Idol? Which one is that again? Oh, sorry, fans were too busy watching a bunch of openly gay people rock out and bare their souls on The Voice to tune in to Idol. The Voice has had more openly LGBT contestants in its two seasons than Idol has had in 11 (and that includes Clay Aiken and Adam Lambert, who weren’t out on the show). Bonus points for Adam Levine, the dreamiest judge in reality television, and CeeLo’s cat.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- Obama: Constitution 'Does Guarantee Same-Sex Marriage in All 50 States'
- Op-ed: How The Way He Looks Will Open Your Eyes
- 'God's Not Afraid of New Things,' Pope Tells Antigay Bishops