Reasons for Pride in 2012, Part 2
BY Advocate Contributors
May 16 2012 4:00 AM ET
Because you shouldn’t touch that dial
Each Thursday night at 11 p.m. Clay Cane Live airs on New York’s WWRL 1600 AM via Equality Pride Radio. With wit and edge, the out journalist does what few others on the radio dial in the area do—he reaches an LGBT audience by interviewing newsmakers and discussing issues important to the community. “I am proud and honored to have this platform,” Cane tells us. “I prove that being LGBT is no tragedy. I aspire to be a James Baldwin with a pop culture twist.”
- Facebook Apologizes for 'Real Name' Policy
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Right-Wingers Claim Gay Republicans Are 'Wrong,' 'Terrible Role Models'
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Op-ed: Think Before You Tweet 'Homophobe'