Ted Allen Dines Out for Life
BY Duane Wells
April 30 2009 12:00 AM ET
Moreover, Dining Out for Life seems to form a symbiotic relationship between the restaurant community and those of us who care about fighting HIV/AIDS that lasts well beyond this one night, wouldn't you agree?I think you're absolutely right. I think it just cements the relationship between the customers and the restaurant emotionally. If you're the type of person who cares about HIV/AIDS and you learn there's a restaurant in your community that shares that concern, which we should all have and I think we do, then it's only natural that we appreciate the businesses that participate in the community and give back to the community. Of course, they have to have good food!
Is this your first year as spokesman for Dining Out for Life?It's my second year, so I must not have screwed it up too much the first time.
So where will you be dining out this April 30? Or will you be hitting a number of places?I haven't quite decided yet. I think what Barry [my partner] and I are gonna do is go down to Philadelphia. The charity was founded in Philadelphia, and we were thinking of taking the train down to Philly and doing something in the city where this all started. But we haven't picked our restaurants yet. It might be kind of fun to bounce around and do more than one -- that's a good idea.
Well you're the spokesman, so I'm sure the restaurants would welcome you with open arms if you decided to make several pit stops over the course of the evening.Hey, gotta represent.
Gotta represent indeed.
- New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- Boy Scouts Vote to End Discrimination Against Gay Youth
- WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Boy Scout Comes Out to His Camp Leader
- Transgender High School Senior Skips Graduation Over School's Transphobic Policy
- Op-ed: Boy Scouts Must Complete the Inclusion Process to Remain Relevant
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Books New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families May 23 2013 8:17 PM
- Commentary Op-ed: Boy Scouts Must Complete the Inclusion Process May 23 2013 7:32 PM
- Sports Gay Athletes Hop Aboard the Condom Mobile May 23 2013 7:15 PM
- Crime Questions Over Police Response to Murder of N.Y. Gay Man Still Unanswered May 23 2013 7:02 PM
- Marriage Equality Nevada Takes Another Step Toward Marriage Equality May 23 2013 6:41 PM
- Youth Boy Scouts Vote to End Discrimination Against Gay Youth May 23 2013 6:22 PM
- Theater WATCH: How Billy Porter Becomes Kinky Boots Drag Diva May 23 2013 6:15 PM