Out100: The Activists Who Shaped 2013
BY Advocate Contributors
November 13 2013 10:00 AM ET
Photography by Danielle Levitt
Pennsylvania was the largest U.S. state never to elect an out LGBT legislator, until Sims changed that. A Democratic representative in the state’s General Assembly, he says his dream is simple: “Pennsylvania doesn’t have a single LGBT civil rights law, and I want to ensure we’re protecting all our citizens.”
Photographed at Fast Ashley’s Studio in Brooklyn, N.Y., on September 5, 2013
- WATCH: Texas Airline Crowd Tackles Antigay Attacker
- In The Studio: Artists and Nude Models
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Are These the Most Antigay Governors in America?
- EXCLUSIVE: Bette Midler Covers TLC's 'Waterfalls'
- PHOTOS: U.S. Marine Now in Filipino Custody After Protests Over Trans Woman's Murder