Out100: The Activists Who Shaped 2013
BY Advocate Contributors
November 13 2013 10:00 AM ET
Photography by Danielle Levitt
Pennsylvania was the largest U.S. state never to elect an out LGBT legislator, until Sims changed that. A Democratic representative in the state’s General Assembly, he says his dream is simple: “Pennsylvania doesn’t have a single LGBT civil rights law, and I want to ensure we’re protecting all our citizens.”
Photographed at Fast Ashley’s Studio in Brooklyn, N.Y., on September 5, 2013
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- These Indiana Businesses Haven't Weighed in on Discrimination
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- Gov. Mike Pence: 'This Is a Perception Problem'