Out100: The Activists Who Shaped 2013
BY Advocate Contributors
November 13 2013 10:00 AM ET
Photography by Danielle Levitt
Pennsylvania was the largest U.S. state never to elect an out LGBT legislator, until Sims changed that. A Democratic representative in the state’s General Assembly, he says his dream is simple: “Pennsylvania doesn’t have a single LGBT civil rights law, and I want to ensure we’re protecting all our citizens.”
Photographed at Fast Ashley’s Studio in Brooklyn, N.Y., on September 5, 2013
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Scott Eastwood: 'I Support Gay Marriage'
- Rachel Maddow Spoofs Minnesota Senate's 'No Eye Contact' Rule
- Bobby Jindal: Louisiana's Antigay Marriage Bill Isn't About Discrimination
- Op-ed: Leelah Alcorn 'Ciswashed' by the Media, White House