Dear Son, We Love You
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 14 2011 3:50 PM ET
I feel great about telling others that you are gay, and using it to explain the goodness that you put forth in life, and the strength you have shown while growing up in a world that can be judgmental, prejudiced, and mean to those "THEY" perceive as different. Everyone is different, and thank heavens for that!!! Everyone should be treated the same if they are good people. It's the goodness in people that makes them special. So, I could go on and on down my memory lane of Life with Mikey ... and show extreme happiness and pride that you are "My Son." Love, Mom
- Why Are We Gay?
- BREAKING: Kentucky Clerk Defies Supreme Court, Denies Same-Sex Couples Marriage Licenses
- Op-ed: It's Hard Out There for a Femme
- 5 HIV-Positive Men Give Advice to Their Former Selves
- WATCH: That Other Defiant Kentucky Clerk Named Davis Invokes 'Higher Power'
- 14 Ex-Ex Gays Paving the Way Forward