WATCH: Mom Affirms Her Love in Son's Coming-Out Video
BY Trudy Ring
December 12 2013 3:57 PM ET
A young man named Ryan posted an emotional and heartwarming video to YouTube in which he tells his mother he’s gay and receives nothing but love and acceptance from her.
“Sweetie, I’ll always love you,” she responds. She says she had wondered if he was gay, but that the tearful, fearful manner in which he approached her made her wonder if something terrible had happened — like he had hit a pedestrian while driving his Hummer.
In text accompanying the video, Ryan writes that he had found similar videos helpful when contemplating coming out, and he hopes his own will help others.
Watch the video below.
- Women 19 Reasons to Swoon Over Androgynous Model Saskia de Brauw 1 min 49 sec ago
- Television Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower 3 min 1 sec ago
- Travel WATCH: Jeff Koons, John Waters Discuss Art 15 min 35 sec ago
- Tyler Curry Op-ed: A Second Look at Bisexuality 26 min 19 sec ago
- World World Bank President Withdraws From Panel on 'Economic Impact of Homophobia' 1 hour 10 min ago
- Transgender Google's International Women's Day Doodle Includes Trans Women 1 hour 16 min ago
- Sports College Swimmer Comes Out to Religious Mom 1 hour 36 min ago