WATCH: Mom Affirms Her Love in Son's Coming-Out Video
BY Trudy Ring
December 12 2013 4:57 PM ET
A young man named Ryan posted an emotional and heartwarming video to YouTube in which he tells his mother he’s gay and receives nothing but love and acceptance from her.
“Sweetie, I’ll always love you,” she responds. She says she had wondered if he was gay, but that the tearful, fearful manner in which he approached her made her wonder if something terrible had happened — like he had hit a pedestrian while driving his Hummer.
In text accompanying the video, Ryan writes that he had found similar videos helpful when contemplating coming out, and he hopes his own will help others.
Watch the video below.
- One of the Original X-Men Comes Out as Gay (Spoilers)
- More of You Could Be Fired for Getting Married
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Op-ed: I Met My Best Friend on Grindr
- Speak Now: Prop. 8 Decision Will Pave Way for National Marriage Victory