WATCH: Mom Affirms Her Love in Son's Coming-Out Video
BY Trudy Ring
December 12 2013 4:57 PM ET
A young man named Ryan posted an emotional and heartwarming video to YouTube in which he tells his mother he’s gay and receives nothing but love and acceptance from her.
“Sweetie, I’ll always love you,” she responds. She says she had wondered if he was gay, but that the tearful, fearful manner in which he approached her made her wonder if something terrible had happened — like he had hit a pedestrian while driving his Hummer.
In text accompanying the video, Ryan writes that he had found similar videos helpful when contemplating coming out, and he hopes his own will help others.
Watch the video below.
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- 60 Homoerotic Album Covers
- Straight Talk With Years & Years' Olly Alexander, the U.K.'s New Gay Pop Star
- Antigay Texas Attorney General Surrenders After Indictment
- First African-American Gay Superhero Joins Arrow
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series