Triumphs and Setbacks of Gay Straight Alliances
BY Jeffrey Hartinger
August 01 2011 6:40 PM ET
March 2011: Rhode Island State representative Dan Gordon stated that youth at Tiverton High School were being “sexed-up” because of their GSA, in addition to saying the school should lose state funding. Gordon, a Republican, furthered his stance on a Providence radio station that drew much criticism from both the media and the general public.
Update: A few months later, Arne Duncan published his letter regarding equal rights and protections for gay-straight alliances; hopefully paving the way for further acceptance and tolerance.
- Television WATCH: The First Trailer for HBO's Adaptation of The Normal Heart 1 hour 30 min ago
- Comedy WATCH: 'Not Looking' Episode 1 1 hour 35 min ago
- Television Juliet Mills: Back to Nannying, With a Twist 1 hour 58 min ago
- Commentary What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto 2 hours 43 min ago
- Film Why Television Is Outpacing Film in Diversity 7:00 AM
- Current Issue A Letter to My Partners 6:01 AM
- Current Issue Number Crunch: A Church in Crisis 5:00 AM