Lambda vs. Howard K. Stern
BY Gabriel G. Arana
April 09 2009 11:00 PM ET
Lawyers for the defense
have also questioned whether Stern can really claim damages
given that Hollywood is generally accepting of gays and
the milieu Stern has lived in for the past decadeâ€¦saying
someone is gay or bisexual, even if false, is not
defamatory," a defense brief states.
Stern's lawyer did
not respond to requests for comment, but the nature of the suit
raises the question of the role that plaintiffs play in
furthering antigay prejudice.
Ude, however, said that
the particulars of the case or the motive of the plaintiff
matter less than the broad implications of having courts
recognize that being called gay -- false or not -- is not
damaging to one's reputation.
about the individual plaintiff than about what recognizing the
claim could mean for society," he said.
- Television WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever! 1 hour 22 min ago
- Comedy Op-ed: What I Didn't Learn in Catholic School 2 hours 21 min ago
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: These Couples Prove Love Is Love 5:00 AM
- World News German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics December 08 2013 3:16 PM
- Marriage Equality Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License December 08 2013 2:31 PM
- Comedy WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2 December 08 2013 2:15 PM
- Music A Brief History of Macklemore's 'Same Love' December 08 2013 9:10 AM