Which NBA Team Endorses Chick-fil-A?
BY Daniel Reynolds
November 22 2013 5:31 PM ET
Orlando, Fla.'s NBA team, the Magic, has formed a business partnership with Chick-fil-A.
Towleroad reports that the team recently announced a promotional deal with the restaurant chain led by CEO Dan Cathy, who financially supports antigay organizations and has made incendiary remarks against LGBT people.
In the terms of the partnership, Chick-fil-A will give a free chicken sandwich to any Orlando Magic fan who redeems a ticket stub at a participating Florida restaurant. The deal is restricted to games in which the team makes at least five three-point shots.
Despite public controversy, Chick-fil-A continues to make large donations to groups such as the Marriage and Family Foundation and Fellowship of Christian Athletes, which campaign against marriage equality. Its CEO has said the nation is “inviting God’s judgment” by allowing same-sex marriage, and upon the Supreme Court ruling against the Defense of Marriage Act, he tweeted that it was a “sad day for our nation.”
- Timothy Dolan Uncomfortable as Pope Calls for Study of Civil Unions
- Op-ed: A Second Look at Bisexuality
- WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah
- Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play
- South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books
- Low-Income Apartment Complex for LGBT Seniors Opens in Philadelphia
- Politics South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books March 09 2014 4:46 PM
- Politics WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah March 09 2014 3:09 PM
- Religion Uncomfortable: Timothy Dolan Versus Pope on Civil Unions March 09 2014 3:04 PM
- Politics WATCH: Low-Income Apartments for LGBT Seniors Open March 09 2014 1:49 PM
- Comedy Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play March 09 2014 1:00 PM
- Comedy 8 Movies Made Better With 'Let It Go' March 09 2014 11:50 AM
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM