Bookshelf: Eating Out (and In)
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
November 04 2011 11:41 AM ET
by Brendan Brazier (Lifelong Books)
Former professional Ironman athlete, Brazier
created the Whole Foods product line,VEGA, authored two other “Thrive” books
and now offers up 200 nutritionally complete, easy-to-make recipes (some
from the author's favorite restaurants) using super foods like maca, chia,
hemp, chlorella, and avoiding common problem foods (wheat, yeast, gluten, soy,
dairy, corn). The tome boasts information on reducing nutritional stress,
nutrient-to-fossil-fuel comparisons, why low-carbon, plant-based diets are
better, but one look at the author and surely you’ll wonder why publishers
didn’t paste his sexy mug on every page. Recipes not to be missed are Gorilla
Food Green Tacos (from Vancouver's Gorilla Food restaurant) and Chocolate
Chip-Maple Maca Ice Cream.
- #TBT: Selling the Male Body
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- Alabama's Antigay Chief Justice Scolds Ruth Bader Ginsburg on 'Judicial Ethics'