Bookshelf: Eating Out (and In)
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
November 04 2011 11:41 AM ET
Paletas: Authentic Recipes for Mexican Ice Pops,
Shaved Ice and Agua Frescas, by Fany
Gerson (Ten Speed Press)
Popsicles pushed cupcakes off the sweet treat throne this summer, thanks
in no small part to Gerson, the country's most authoritative voice on Mexican
sweets, who launched La Newyorkina, a Mexican frozen treats biz. Gerson's Paletas is the first collection of recipes in the U.S. to
tackle Mexican popsicles (paletas),
as well as fruit juices, and shaved ice (raspado) — and there isn't a single bad recipe in the bunch.
Best bets: the Sour Cream, Cherry and Tequila Ice Pops and Spicy Mango Ice.
- Op-ed: Angelina Jolie's Choice Bolsters the Trans Argument
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Op-ed: Why Labeling Others As 'Privileged' Isn't Helping Trans Activists
- Is This Photo Proof Mike Pence Knew RFRA Discriminates Against LGBTs?
- Charles Barkley: Move Final Four Out of Indiana
- The Only 2 Things to Know Out of Mike Pence's Dissembling Interview