Bookshelf: Eating Out (and In)
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
November 04 2011 11:41 AM ET
Paletas: Authentic Recipes for Mexican Ice Pops,
Shaved Ice and Agua Frescas, by Fany
Gerson (Ten Speed Press)
Popsicles pushed cupcakes off the sweet treat throne this summer, thanks
in no small part to Gerson, the country's most authoritative voice on Mexican
sweets, who launched La Newyorkina, a Mexican frozen treats biz. Gerson's Paletas is the first collection of recipes in the U.S. to
tackle Mexican popsicles (paletas),
as well as fruit juices, and shaved ice (raspado) — and there isn't a single bad recipe in the bunch.
Best bets: the Sour Cream, Cherry and Tequila Ice Pops and Spicy Mango Ice.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- WATCH: Rick Santorum Thinks 'People Aren't Getting Married'
- Florida Man Fired for Saying He'll Wed His Dog Because of Same-Sex Marriage
- WATCH: Straight Vlogger Slams Same-Sex Marriage Opponents
- 15 More Queers and Allies to Watch in 2015