Advocate Bookshelf: Tiny Tomes
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
March 20 2012 2:00 AM ET
15 Ways to Stay Alive by Daphne Gottlieb ($15, Manic D Press)
There are few postmodern poets like Daphne Gottlieb, who deals with subjects ranging from broken hearts to postpunk politics and whose voice is always provocative, mesmerizing, and alive with pop culture criticism that's easy to swallow. No wonder Gottlieb, the author of seven books including the feminist must-read Final Girl (Soft Skull), has such a ferocious fan base. If you finish this, try Fucking Daphne, an anthology in which other authors dream of, um, doing Daphne. ManicDPress.com
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- EXCLUSIVE: Bette Midler Covers TLC's 'Waterfalls'
- 7 Absurd Legal 'Arguments' Against Marriage Equality From a Straight Couple in Kansas
- QUIZ: Are You Afraid of Gay PDA?
- #TBT: Halloween Exhibitionism
- LISTEN: Santorum Frothing Mad That LGBT Activists Have 'Silenced the Church'