Advocate Bookshelf: Tiny Tomes
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
March 20 2012 2:00 AM ET
15 Ways to Stay Alive by Daphne Gottlieb ($15, Manic D Press)
There are few postmodern poets like Daphne Gottlieb, who deals with subjects ranging from broken hearts to postpunk politics and whose voice is always provocative, mesmerizing, and alive with pop culture criticism that's easy to swallow. No wonder Gottlieb, the author of seven books including the feminist must-read Final Girl (Soft Skull), has such a ferocious fan base. If you finish this, try Fucking Daphne, an anthology in which other authors dream of, um, doing Daphne. ManicDPress.com
- Where in the World Are The Happiest Gay Men?
- Clemson University Fans Tell Football Coach to Punt Antigay Fundraiser
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Official Trailer for 54: The Director's Cut
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- Op-ed: Let's Keep the Momentum Going After Win in Ireland
- Priest Dismissed by Catholic College Comes Out as Gay