Advocate Bookshelf: Tiny Tomes
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
March 20 2012 2:00 AM ET
15 Ways to Stay Alive by Daphne Gottlieb ($15, Manic D Press)
There are few postmodern poets like Daphne Gottlieb, who deals with subjects ranging from broken hearts to postpunk politics and whose voice is always provocative, mesmerizing, and alive with pop culture criticism that's easy to swallow. No wonder Gottlieb, the author of seven books including the feminist must-read Final Girl (Soft Skull), has such a ferocious fan base. If you finish this, try Fucking Daphne, an anthology in which other authors dream of, um, doing Daphne. ManicDPress.com
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Scott Eastwood: 'I Support Gay Marriage'
- Bryan Cranston: 'End This Silliness' of Opposing Marriage Equality
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Rachel Maddow Spoofs Minnesota Senate's 'No Eye Contact' Rule