Jeffrey Sharlach and Andrew Tobias on the Courage to Come Out
BY Michelle Garcia
May 01 2012 3:35 PM ET
Jeffrey Sharlach is the author of the new novel Running in Bed (Two Harbors Press), which tells the story of Josh Silver, an ambitious gay New York advertising executive, as he comes out of the closet and sets off in search of true love, finding himself in the process. Set in New York’s Greenwich Village and Fire Island in the late 1970s, it covers a path similar to that trod by Andrew Tobias a decade before at Harvard, which he related in The Best Little Boy in the World, first published in 1973. We asked them to both look back at their coming-out experience and tell us how they view the experience now, decades later.
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- Teen Jerusalem Pride Marcher Dies From Stabbing
- UFC Women's Champ: 'I Wouldn't Refuse' to Fight a Trans Athlete
- 2014's Gayest Cities in America
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'