Gay Catholics, Suicidal Moms, and the Polymorphous Perversity of Madonna’s Big Toe
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
May 08 2012 2:08 PM ET UPDATED: May 14 2012 1:01 AM ET
Sucking Sherbet Lemons by Michael Carson (Cutting Edge Press U.K., $17)
Long considered a coming-of-age classic, Sucking Sherbet Lemons, which was first released in 1988, follows Benson, a chubby gay 14-year-old Catholic boy in the 1960s. In a story both hilarious and heart-rending, Benson attempts to reconcile being gay — at a time when homosexuality was still illegal — with his religious zeal, leading to some peculiar places and amusing setups along the way. The book is fun and resonant, and sure to appeal to a whole new generation of readers — gay and straight. (CuttingEdgePress.co.uk) — Diane Anderson-Minshall
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Huge Ratings Are In for Bruce Jenner Interview
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'