Great New Tome Celebrates Drag Performers Around the Globe
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
August 28 2012 7:00 AM ET
As Christopher Logan compiled photos and worked with designer Mamio Marais to assemble his new book, d.r.a.g. ($30, Tectum Publishers), he thought he knew what he wanted, and he began contacting some of the country's hottest photographers. "Then photographers and performers would open my eyes to other choices I wasn't aware of. Mamio was instrumental in bringing the clean, unfussy look of the book together," Logan says. "When a particular photo caught my eye, I contacted that person." That includes some very unusual-looking drag performers who are bucking the traditional high-femme garb.
Photo of Jeffree Starr by Austin Young. Previous page: photo of Sal-E by Anthony Meade.
Check out more photos from the book on the following pages.
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- Playwright Responds to N.C. High School That Canceled Play Due to Gay Scene
- Michael Sam Released From Dallas Cowboys, Vows to Fight for Opportunity to 'Play Every Sunday'
- Last-Minute Gift Ideas for the Catholic Who Suddenly Wants to Be Friends
- Myth or Truth: Can We Give Up Condoms?