Great New Tome Celebrates Drag Performers Around the Globe
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
August 28 2012 6:00 AM ET
As Christopher Logan compiled photos and worked with designer Mamio Marais to assemble his new book, d.r.a.g. ($30, Tectum Publishers), he thought he knew what he wanted, and he began contacting some of the country's hottest photographers. "Then photographers and performers would open my eyes to other choices I wasn't aware of. Mamio was instrumental in bringing the clean, unfussy look of the book together," Logan says. "When a particular photo caught my eye, I contacted that person." That includes some very unusual-looking drag performers who are bucking the traditional high-femme garb.
Photo of Jeffree Starr by Austin Young. Previous page: photo of Sal-E by Anthony Meade.
Check out more photos from the book on the following pages.
- Travel Out Traveler Awards: What's the Next Hot Destination? 44 min 14 sec ago
- Internet WATCH: What Do These Gay Hockey Players Want for Christmas? 1 hour 14 min ago
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Glenn Beck Has Gay Friends, So He's Not Intolerant 1 hour 19 min ago
- Women Op-ed: Remembering Mandela 2 hours 10 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Illinois Family Institute Compares Marriage Equality to Junk Food 2 hours 42 min ago
- Year in Review 11 Great New Tech Gifts UPDATED: 2 hours 43 min ago
- People Lady Gaga Urges Boycott of Sochi Olympics 12:59 PM