Great New Tome Celebrates Drag Performers Around the Globe
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
August 28 2012 6:00 AM ET
As Christopher Logan compiled photos and worked with designer Mamio Marais to assemble his new book, d.r.a.g. ($30, Tectum Publishers), he thought he knew what he wanted, and he began contacting some of the country's hottest photographers. "Then photographers and performers would open my eyes to other choices I wasn't aware of. Mamio was instrumental in bringing the clean, unfussy look of the book together," Logan says. "When a particular photo caught my eye, I contacted that person." That includes some very unusual-looking drag performers who are bucking the traditional high-femme garb.
Photo of Jeffree Starr by Austin Young. Previous page: photo of Sal-E by Anthony Meade.
Check out more photos from the book on the following pages.
- WATCH: Obama Bundler, HRC Founder Terry Bean Arrested on Sex Crimes Charges
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Smoke Signals' Gay Actor Turned Doctor Lands New Career-Defining Role
- 6 Bad Signs of a Good Relationship
- These 48 Trans Women and Men Changed the World
- Transgender Pioneer and Stone Butch Blues Author Leslie Feinberg Has Died