20 Must-Read Books We Missed Last Year
BY Clea Kim and Diane Anderson-Minshall
May 13 2013 4:00 AM ET
Before the Rain: A Memoir of Love and Revolution by Luisita Lopez Torregrosa (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, $25.00)
This memoir by Luisita Lopez Torregrosa tells the story of unexpected love and the delicate ties and dangers it brings. Newspaper editor Torregrosa meets Elizabeth, a writer with whom she falls madly in love. When Elizabeth is sent to the Philippines to cover the fall of Ferdinand Marcos, Torregrosa gives up her job and joins Elizabeth. There the two begin their relationship while covering the political madness and uproar. Although their relationship flourished in the islands, it ends in heartbreak when they return to the United States. Torregrosa captures the transformation and intimacy of love. You will be mesmerized by this story of valor, passion, and heartbreak.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6