Memories of JFK From His Gay Best Friend
BY Advocate Contributors
November 22 2013 5:00 AM ET
Jack and Lem on leave, Palm Beach, 1944
“It's not clear whether Lem wanted to join the navy and see combat because Jack had, or because he wanted it for himself. Lem's sister, Lucretia, who knew Jack as well, said, 'I think he had to do something because Jack was doing so much.' Either way, it was a courageous move in view of the casualties the navy was suffering in the Pacific at the time. 'It was very hard for him, but he wanted to do it and he stuck with it,' Lucretia added. When Jack reached home, the two friends greeted each other like there was no tomorrow.” (Page 100)
- Kris Humphries Doesn't Support Bruce Jenner
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel