BY Advocate.com Editors
December 17 2010 9:00 AM ET
Easy A — A star-making vehicle for Emma Stone, Easy A casts the actress as straitlaced teacher’s pet Olive Penderghast, who, in an effort to protect her gay BFF (Dan Byrd) and shake up her own image, lets the whole school think she’s giving it up to anyone who’ll ask. A strong supporting cast (including Amanda Bynes as Olive’s Anita Bryant–like, born-again foil and Patricia Clarkson and Stanley Tucci as her free-lovin’ parents) gives Easy A its grit, but this is Stone’s film all the way and a sure sign we’ll be hearing much more from her in the years to come.
Salt — Angelina Jolie jumps back into the action genre as CIA agent/maybe Russian spy Evelyn Salt, proving once again blond is not her color. Once she ditches the obvious wig for her trademark dark locks (which, for some inexplicable reason, is also a wig), she looks better, and the action never lets up. For die-hard Angelina fans who like watching her kicking ass and taking names, this is a must-see. But the film is thin on plot — and at the thinnest she’s ever been on film, the actress doesn’t exactly look believable as a hit woman.
- Meet the 2013 Point Foundation Scholars
- PHOTOS: Marry Me in Maine
- Martina Navratilova Blasts Russian Antigay Law
- Republican Wants Right to Fire LGBT Employees Who 'Work in a Tutu'
- Advocate.com | Gay News | The Advocate | The World's Leading Source for LGBT News and Entertainment
- Sen. Lisa Murkowski Endorses Marriage Equality
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Travel Drag Racing in Jerusalem 6 min 5 sec ago
- Entertainment News Should Brazil Legalize 'Conversion' Therapy? 27 min 54 sec ago
- World News Liberal Australian MP Crosses Aisle In Support of LGBT Nondiscrimination 39 min 48 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Hot Lesbians Don Cowboy Hats, Chaps and Spurs for Cowgirl Up 52 min 21 sec ago
- Pride PHOTOS: Marry Me in Maine 1 hour 7 min ago
- World News Brazil Lawmakers Legalize 'Ex-Gay' Therapy 1 hour 11 min ago
- Sports Navratilova Blasts Russian Antigay Law 1 hour 16 min ago