McKellen may have to return to New Zealand for more Rings shooting
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 10 2002 1:00 AM ET
Variety columnist reports that Sir Ian McKellen ends his Broadway run in Dance of Death Sunday, but the actor may soon be flying back to New Zealand for pickup shots for the second film in the Lord of the Rings trilogy. But McKellen says he's having too much fun to mind. "I've loved everything I've done," says McKellen, "but to be in the most popular movie in the world makes me smile. I came out of the theater the other night and was wearing my Magneto [McKellen's X-Men character] overcoat. A 9-year-old boy saw me and said, 'Cool!' That does it!" McKellen will receive a lifetime achievement award on January 31 from New York's Bookers' Club, about which he quips, "I guess a lifetime achievement nod is an obituary."
- Meet the Same-Sex Couple Who Made Dodger Stadium Swoon
- WATCH: You’ll Cry When You See What Happened During That Gay-Straight Prom Date
- WATCH: Dodger Stadium Reacts to Same-Sex Couple on Kiss Cam
- RuPaul's Drag Race's Miss Fame: I've Yet to Leave My 'Beauty Mark'
- WATCH: Texas B&B Boots Gay Couple, Gets Banned From Airbnb
- Op-ed: 5 Reasons Men's Health Needs a Trans Man On The Cover