McKellen may have to return to New Zealand for more Rings shooting
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 10 2002 1:00 AM ET
Variety columnist reports that Sir Ian McKellen ends his Broadway run in Dance of Death Sunday, but the actor may soon be flying back to New Zealand for pickup shots for the second film in the Lord of the Rings trilogy. But McKellen says he's having too much fun to mind. "I've loved everything I've done," says McKellen, "but to be in the most popular movie in the world makes me smile. I came out of the theater the other night and was wearing my Magneto [McKellen's X-Men character] overcoat. A 9-year-old boy saw me and said, 'Cool!' That does it!" McKellen will receive a lifetime achievement award on January 31 from New York's Bookers' Club, about which he quips, "I guess a lifetime achievement nod is an obituary."
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- The Only 2 Things to Know Out of Mike Pence's Dissembling Interview
- Charles Barkley: Move Final Four Out of Indiana
- Is This Photo Proof Mike Pence Knew RFRA Discriminates Against LGBTs?
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Tim Cook on Standing Up to Discrimination: 'It’s Time for All of Us'