Siegel and McGehee jump on Slab
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 17 2002 12:00 AM ET
Gay filmmaker Scott McGehee and his straight writing and directing partner David Siegel (The Deep End, Suture) have signed a deal to adapt Ted Heller's novel Slab Rat to the screen, Variety reports. The story centers around an associate editor at a trendy magazine who conspires to improve his career standing by murdering a senior editor. McGehee and Siegel will direct, collaborating on the script with Beth McGroarty. United Artists will release the film in North America.
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- Does Expansion of Rights Also Expand Antigay Violence?
- Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Schumer Admits Reason He Left Gays Out of Immigration 'Provides Little Comfort'
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Politics Schumer: The Reason We Excluded Gays Offers 'Little Comfort' 18 min 28 sec ago
- World News PHOTOS: Startling Response to Right-Winger's Suicide in Notre Dame 47 min 56 sec ago
- Crime Does Expansion of Rights Also Expand Antigay Violence? 1 hour 39 min ago
- Film New Man Of Steel and Wolverine Trailers Debut 9:03 AM
- Travel Top 10 Ways to Score and Upgrade on Your Next Flight 8:27 AM
- Travel A Perfect Day in Rio 7:59 AM
- Marriage Equality Recalls of Pro-Marriage Equality Lawmakers Quashed in Minnesota 5:30 AM