Holidays—It Should Be So Nice
BY Advocate Contributors
October 13 2010 4:00 AM ET
Talking a relative into supporting gay rights over a holiday meal—without sparking a family feud
Try to defuse it with humor. You can win a lot more hearts and minds with humor than with anything else. Of course, if someone’s being blatantly homophobic, tell them, “I’m gay.” The more of us who say that, the less of an issue it’ll be. But if all else fails—food fight.
Stephanie Miller, host of The Stephanie Miller Show, a nationally syndicated radio program (StephanieMiller.com)
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- Alabama's Antigay Judge Roy Moore Slapped With New Ethics Charges
- Living Trans, From Iran to New York City