Holidays—It Should Be So Nice
BY Advocate Contributors
October 13 2010 4:00 AM ET
Talking a relative into supporting gay rights over a holiday meal—without sparking a family feud
Try to defuse it with humor. You can win a lot more hearts and minds with humor than with anything else. Of course, if someone’s being blatantly homophobic, tell them, “I’m gay.” The more of us who say that, the less of an issue it’ll be. But if all else fails—food fight.
Stephanie Miller, host of The Stephanie Miller Show, a nationally syndicated radio program (StephanieMiller.com)
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar
- 10 Transgender Kings and Queens Who Ruled the School
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown