Holidays—It Should Be So Nice
BY Advocate Contributors
October 13 2010 4:00 AM ET
Talking a relative into supporting gay rights over a holiday meal—without sparking a family feud
Try to defuse it with humor. You can win a lot more hearts and minds with humor than with anything else. Of course, if someone’s being blatantly homophobic, tell them, “I’m gay.” The more of us who say that, the less of an issue it’ll be. But if all else fails—food fight.
Stephanie Miller, host of The Stephanie Miller Show, a nationally syndicated radio program (StephanieMiller.com)
- 14 Camp Classics We Can't Stop Quoting — Bad Girls Edition
- Obama Cracks Marriage Equality Jokes at White House Correspondent's Dinner
- Bruce Jenner's Republican Revelation Draws Anger, Praise
- WATCH: Preview of Tomorrow's Supreme Court Argument
- Antigay Ark. Rally Eclipsed by Protesters Shouting 'Love Is Love'
- The Backlash