And the Gay Razzie Goes To...
BY Advocate Contributors
February 25 2011 4:00 PM ET
Al Pacino: Cruising — 1980
As a straight cop who dons a gold chain and tight black tank top as an undercover disguise while investigating a gay murder in New York’s S/M scene, Pacino’s performance is practically legendary—but for the wrong reasons. Though this isn’t Pacino’s worst performance, it’s definitely his most disconnected. But who can blame him, as gay activists frequently disrupted the film while it was shooting. He fared much better the next time he played a gay character — Roy Cohn in 2004’s Angels in America.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- WATCH: Finding the Funny in "Ex-Gay" Marriages and a Queerpocalypse
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- Ugandan LGBT-rights Activist Granted Asylum
- Catholics: Antigay Leaders Get Boot, a Progressive Becomes American Archbishop