And the Gay Razzie Goes To...
BY Advocate Contributors
February 25 2011 4:00 PM ET
Al Pacino: Cruising — 1980
As a straight cop who dons a gold chain and tight black tank top as an undercover disguise while investigating a gay murder in New York’s S/M scene, Pacino’s performance is practically legendary—but for the wrong reasons. Though this isn’t Pacino’s worst performance, it’s definitely his most disconnected. But who can blame him, as gay activists frequently disrupted the film while it was shooting. He fared much better the next time he played a gay character — Roy Cohn in 2004’s Angels in America.
- 52 LGBT Superheroes and Villains
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- The Advocate's 31 Favorite Films of Outfest 2015
- Op-ed: I'm a Lesbian Targeted by the Bathroom Police
- WATCH: Ted Cruz, Glenn Beck Think Marriage Equality Has Destroyed the Constitution
- WATCH: Kids React to Same-Sex Marriage Ruling