And the Gay Razzie Goes To...
BY Advocate Contributors
February 25 2011 4:00 PM ET
Al Pacino: Cruising — 1980
As a straight cop who dons a gold chain and tight black tank top as an undercover disguise while investigating a gay murder in New York’s S/M scene, Pacino’s performance is practically legendary—but for the wrong reasons. Though this isn’t Pacino’s worst performance, it’s definitely his most disconnected. But who can blame him, as gay activists frequently disrupted the film while it was shooting. He fared much better the next time he played a gay character — Roy Cohn in 2004’s Angels in America.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- #TBT: Halloween Exhibitionism
- Op-ed: How Transparent Tried and Failed to Represent Trans Men
- That's Amoré! 11 Irresistible Images of What Happened When Rome Recognized Same-Sex Marriages
- Op-ed: We Must End PrEP Segregation