And the Gay Razzie Goes To...
BY Advocate Contributors
February 25 2011 4:00 PM ET
Al Pacino: Cruising — 1980
As a straight cop who dons a gold chain and tight black tank top as an undercover disguise while investigating a gay murder in New York’s S/M scene, Pacino’s performance is practically legendary—but for the wrong reasons. Though this isn’t Pacino’s worst performance, it’s definitely his most disconnected. But who can blame him, as gay activists frequently disrupted the film while it was shooting. He fared much better the next time he played a gay character — Roy Cohn in 2004’s Angels in America.
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Alan Cumming Is Bisexual — And You Might Be Too