The Gay Films of the 2013 Tribeca Film Festival
BY Christopher Rudolph
April 26 2013 9:42 AM ET
This weekend is the final weekend for the 2013 Tribeca Film Festival. This year features great new gay films making their Tribeca premieres, and there are still screenings of the films before the festival ends. The following pages highlight some of the gay cinema offerings in this year’s festival, and if you are in the New York area, you don't want to miss out on these.
A documentary about the radical poet and experimental filmmaker, James Broughton. Part of the San Francisco literary group that preceded the beatniks, and other poets (such as Allen Ginsburg), Big Joy showcases an unconventional life of someone who truly thought outside the box, and was applauded for doing so. An artist not really known outside of certain poetry and literary circles, this documentary is an excellent primer lesson on one of the most inspirational gay voices of the twentieth century.
- LGBT Exclusion Costs St. Paddy's Parades
- Fred Phelps Ex-Communicated and Near Death?
- A Brief History of Gays And The St. Patrick's Day Parade
- WATCH: First Gay Hug Parodies First Kiss Viral Video
- Billy Graham's Son: Obama Could Learn from Putin's Homophobia
- Op-ed: The Lasting Impact of Out TV Teens on LGBT Youth
- Politics A Brief History of Gays And The St. Patrick's Day Parade 1 hour 49 min ago
- Love and Sex WATCH: First Gay Hug Parodies First Kiss Viral Video 2 hours 30 min ago
- Religion LGBT Exclusion Costs St. Paddy's Parades 2 hours 40 min ago
- Military Boston Mayor Snubs Homophobic St. Patrick's Day Parade March 16 2014 5:34 PM
- Religion Fred Phelps Ex-Communicated and Near Death? March 16 2014 1:41 PM
- Arts & Entertainment Madonna... in Game of Thrones? March 16 2014 1:12 PM
- Travel WATCH: Planes Battle Birmingham, England's Tail Winds March 15 2014 9:11 PM