Where to Find Great Gay Action
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
April 26 2013 6:25 PM ET UPDATED: April 30 2013 8:08 PM ET
This riveting documentary looks at the killing of Larry King, an effeminate middle school student who was killed by a classmate in 2008. The film features interviews with friends and family members of King and of his killer, Brandon McInerney, as well as the teacher who, in many ways, bore the brunt the blame for the incident (wrongly so, many would say). There are some shocking details and heartwarming rememberances intwined, as director Marta Cunningham deftly unpacks the story from the moment of the shooting. A masterful documentary if ever there was one. Sunday, 5:30 p.m. at Miami Cinematheque.
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Another Lap for Michael Phelps’s Self-Proclaimed Girlfriend
- Texas AG: Same-Sex Couples' Request to Marry 'Untimely, Out of Order'
- Meet This Year's 'Prime Time 25'
- Why the Mississippi Marriage Win Is Our Most Important Yet