Hot Sheet: Mommie, Demi, and Daisy
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 10 2013 10:29 AM ET
1. FILM: The Great Gatsby
Director Baz Luhrmann (Moulin Rouge) has adapted F. Scott Fitzgerald’s novel The Great Gatsby for a new generation of moviegoers. Starring Leonardo DiCaprio as Jay Gatsby and Tobey Maguire as Nick Carraway, the film dances its way into theaters today and promises to offer plenty of appeal for LGBT viewers. Not only have queer theorists long argued that Carraway’s feelings for Gatsby go far beyond the platonic, but the art direction and eye-popping (in 3D no less!) visuals crank this film’s fabulous factor to 10.
See the trailer below.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary
- Op-ed: The Decade Masturbation Burst Out of the Closet Before I Did
- Antigay Activist: Buy My 'No Such Thing as Gay' Book
- Is the 'Not Gay No More' Guy for Real?
- Federal Judge Rules for Marriage Equality in Arkansas