Hot Sheet: Mommie, Demi, and Daisy
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 10 2013 11:29 AM ET
1. FILM: The Great Gatsby
Director Baz Luhrmann (Moulin Rouge) has adapted F. Scott Fitzgerald’s novel The Great Gatsby for a new generation of moviegoers. Starring Leonardo DiCaprio as Jay Gatsby and Tobey Maguire as Nick Carraway, the film dances its way into theaters today and promises to offer plenty of appeal for LGBT viewers. Not only have queer theorists long argued that Carraway’s feelings for Gatsby go far beyond the platonic, but the art direction and eye-popping (in 3D no less!) visuals crank this film’s fabulous factor to 10.
See the trailer below.
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Texas Pastor Now Says He Didn't Mean He'd Really Set Himself Aflame
- Op-ed: Why, No Matter What, I Still Can't Marry My Girlfriend
- The Humble Tweets From a Catholic Priest Spat Upon by Pride Marchers