Hot Sheet: Mommie, Demi, and Daisy
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 10 2013 10:29 AM ET
1. FILM: The Great Gatsby
Director Baz Luhrmann (Moulin Rouge) has adapted F. Scott Fitzgerald’s novel The Great Gatsby for a new generation of moviegoers. Starring Leonardo DiCaprio as Jay Gatsby and Tobey Maguire as Nick Carraway, the film dances its way into theaters today and promises to offer plenty of appeal for LGBT viewers. Not only have queer theorists long argued that Carraway’s feelings for Gatsby go far beyond the platonic, but the art direction and eye-popping (in 3D no less!) visuals crank this film’s fabulous factor to 10.
See the trailer below.
- Women WATCH: Idina Menzel's Female Empowerment Anthem from Frozen 42 min 3 sec ago
- Travel Out Traveler Awards: What's the Next Hot Destination? 1 hour 29 min ago
- Internet WATCH: What Do These Gay Hockey Players Want for Christmas? 1 hour 59 min ago
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Glenn Beck Has Gay Friends, So He's Not Intolerant 2 hours 4 min ago
- Women Op-ed: Remembering Mandela 2 hours 45 min ago
- Marriage Equality Illinois Family Institute Compares Marriage Equality to Junk Food 1:21 PM
- Year in Review 11 Great New Tech Gifts UPDATED: 1:20 PM