Hot Sheet: Mommie, Demi, and Daisy
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 10 2013 11:29 AM ET
1. FILM: The Great Gatsby
Director Baz Luhrmann (Moulin Rouge) has adapted F. Scott Fitzgerald’s novel The Great Gatsby for a new generation of moviegoers. Starring Leonardo DiCaprio as Jay Gatsby and Tobey Maguire as Nick Carraway, the film dances its way into theaters today and promises to offer plenty of appeal for LGBT viewers. Not only have queer theorists long argued that Carraway’s feelings for Gatsby go far beyond the platonic, but the art direction and eye-popping (in 3D no less!) visuals crank this film’s fabulous factor to 10.
See the trailer below.
- Pride at Work Tells HRC: ‘Enough Is Enough’
- WATCH: Antigay Ky. Clerk Inadvertently Married This Queer Couple
- WATCH: How This 12-Year-Old Lacrosse Player Found His Courage
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- Thousands Rally in S.C. to 'Stand With God' Against Marriage Equality
- Artist Spotlight: Jamil Hellu