Hot Sheet: Mommie, Demi, and Daisy
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 10 2013 11:29 AM ET
1. FILM: The Great Gatsby
Director Baz Luhrmann (Moulin Rouge) has adapted F. Scott Fitzgerald’s novel The Great Gatsby for a new generation of moviegoers. Starring Leonardo DiCaprio as Jay Gatsby and Tobey Maguire as Nick Carraway, the film dances its way into theaters today and promises to offer plenty of appeal for LGBT viewers. Not only have queer theorists long argued that Carraway’s feelings for Gatsby go far beyond the platonic, but the art direction and eye-popping (in 3D no less!) visuals crank this film’s fabulous factor to 10.
See the trailer below.
- 14 Stunning Photos of LGBT Military Personnel
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- 6 Last-Minute Exercises for the Perfect Gay Beach Bod
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either