Hot Sheet: Mommie, Demi, and Daisy
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 10 2013 11:29 AM ET
1. FILM: The Great Gatsby
Director Baz Luhrmann (Moulin Rouge) has adapted F. Scott Fitzgerald’s novel The Great Gatsby for a new generation of moviegoers. Starring Leonardo DiCaprio as Jay Gatsby and Tobey Maguire as Nick Carraway, the film dances its way into theaters today and promises to offer plenty of appeal for LGBT viewers. Not only have queer theorists long argued that Carraway’s feelings for Gatsby go far beyond the platonic, but the art direction and eye-popping (in 3D no less!) visuals crank this film’s fabulous factor to 10.
See the trailer below.
- Commentary Op-ed: No One Is Invincible 16 min 32 sec ago
- Commentary Op-ed: NOM Can’t Shut Me Down 16 min 55 sec ago
- HIV & AIDS Everything You Need to Know About PrEP 20 min 42 sec ago
- HIV & AIDS HIV 101: Can I Transmit HIV Through Oral Sex? 32 min 28 sec ago
- Current Issue Derek Jarman's Alternative to The New Gay Credo 1 hour 16 min ago
- Archives From The Archives: The Groovy Guy, '69 1 hour 17 min ago
- Religion Op-Ed: Pope's Legacy Will Be That He's Willing to Listen 4:00 AM