Hot Sheet: Cry Wolf!
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 26 2013 11:24 AM ET
8. BOOK: Love, Dishonor, Marry, Die, Cherish, Perish: A Novel by David Rakoff
Dark, urbane, and witty, Rakoff's final book (he died last year of cancer) is not a collection of his popular essays. It's a novel in verse form — a little startling in the age of tweets. Rakoff was well known for his bestselling books and his contributions to the radio program This American Life. With book titles like Half Empty, Fraud, and Don’t Get Too Comfortable, Rakoff made the murky bearable with his humor. His novel of American innocence gone horribly awry is made all the more dramatic, even campy, by rhyming couplets. How can you resist rhymes like showered with Noel Coward? On Amazon.
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- WATCH: Obama Invokes LGBT Rights in Mandela Eulogy
- Just Another Day at Work in LGBT America
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- Gay Women - News & Culture for Lesbian, Bisexual, and Trans Women
- Women Emily Rios' Lesbian Character on The Bridge Upped to Series Regular December 10 2013 8:47 PM
- Media Russia Expert to Offer Political Commentary During Olympics December 10 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel In-Flight Cellphone Conversations: Dream or Nightmare? December 10 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President December 10 2013 7:08 PM
- Latest News NBC To Spotlight Russia’s Human Rights Abuses During Olympics December 10 2013 6:11 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Filing Taxes December 10 2013 5:56 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances Examining Employee Benefits in the Wake of DOMA’s Overturn December 10 2013 5:38 PM