Hot Sheet: The Happy, Sad Dog Days of Summer
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 16 2013 11:01 AM ET
4. MUSIC: Katy Perry, “Roar”
Our nasty culture has already knocked Katy Perry's new "Roar" single as derivative of Sara Bareilles, but who cares — it's a catchy shot of positivity (think "Firework" II). The song has an adorable lyric video, with the words rendered mostly through emoticons and snapshots of a typical Katy day. "Roar" is the lead single off the pop star's fourth album, Prism, due in October.
- Artist Spotlight: Kent Monkman
- Hot Sheet: They Are Risen
- Couple Indicted Over Torture Death of 8-Year-Old They Thought Was Gay
- Michelle Duggar Gets Verdict In Her Quest Against LGBT Ordinance in Ark.
- Homophobe Scott Lively Will Be on Ballot for Mass. Governor
- Capitol Hill Staffers Blocked for Antitrans Wikipedia Edits